Thursday, October 15, 2009

This and That

I host figure drawing sessions at Wild Goose Creative every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. This past session someone asked if they can bring beer, and I don't see a reason why not (I had never thought about it before). It's fine with me just so long as people don't come or get drunk and/or disruptive. Also if people want to make an evening of it they can stop by Rhumba Cafe afterwards and listen to some live music. They seem to have jazz on Tuesdays (and I love me some jazz!). If you want to come, I post a schedule on my website or you can join my group on Facebook. It's from 6-8, and cost 7 dollars to help pay for the model.

In other news I'm pretty busy this week preparing for Wisteria's Autumn Fires. I'll be down there for the weekend. Weather report says it's going to be close to freezing at night, and raining much of the time. I'll be camping in my van (I'm not the golden girl of roughing it). The site features showers and has an outdoor kitchen but there's no lodge or indoor space, so it's bundling up, staying by fires, & bringing a lot of blankets. Sounds like murder, but the leaves are turning now, and the ceramic pit firings, music concerts, and hanging out with new and old friends is not something to be missed & worth braving cold and wet. Photos and maybe a few stories will be forthcoming.

I probably won't be able to post again till I come back, so in the meantime here is The Eden House

3 comments:

  1. Kewel. You're here now.

    The ongoing war btw. Rachel and Shannon makes IAM seem somehow ... un-fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also,
    I absolutely love that lycanthropic image you use as an avatar. Please consider making a series, going in some direction from there -- I don't care what direction, just go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Mr DIY'er I haven't heard from you in a minute :D

    yeah I agree, IAM isn't what it used to be, & I hope you like the image, you do own the painting after all. & yes that has been on my mind (doing a series).

    Don't be a stranger!
    -S

    ReplyDelete