Monday, November 9, 2009

slight irritation

Well in the past week or so I've been thinking of talking about meditation, or something equally wise-ish & profound-ish. I've been thinking about discussing how I was introduced to meditation techniques when I was 16, and how it's been a useful and important practice for me, allowing me to learn about myself and deal with my problems (and I'll say at this point I've had large gaps, that I have not been steady in my practice, and how and what I do has changed and modified over time). But I think I'll save all that for later.

Nah, tonight I've been thinking about the important of romantic relationships, and if they are really as good and as wonderful as people say. But then I wonder if that's too personal? It's not anyone's business what my personal life is unless I choose to share it with you. I could talk about how I've been more single than not, and how tonight I am thinking... that this is not a bad thing. I don't need anyone to complete me, or tell me I am special or worthy of... whatever. I'm fine, really fine, all on my own. Perhaps even better in fact, I have nobody to answer to, nobody to take care of, nobody that has to rely on me for anything. There is peace here and comfort in that there is no fighting, no drama, no worry, no stress. But that's probably saying to much, and who really cares about people's personal shit anyway? It's just gossip and bull.

I could talk about how I have a few kind hearted but invasive individuals that, while they mean well... I'd rather they leave well enough alone and let me tend to my own business. But again, too personal.

What I can say is I've been working on the concept of the book, and I think I have a better understanding of what I need to do... but I don't want to give you too many details about that because I don't want to blow my wad too soon.

Ah well. The leaves are nearly gone here, and fall is stripped bare. Weather has been unseasonably warm, and there is a lot of dead deer on the side of the road. I feel like I'm waiting for something, but I think that's more just me wishing for some excitement that's not really going to show up unless I do something.

I don't think I'm willing to change the status-quo... not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment