Friday, August 27, 2010

Urban Scrawl 4

Yep, Urban Scrawl is tomorrow August 27 at Dodge Park, 667 Sullivant Ave, Columbus Ohio. Festival runs from 12 - 8, and is free. There will be music, local craft vendors, break-dancing, skate boarding, and of course... live painting. This year, Bela Grimm and myself will be collaborating on a large panel of 8 x 8 feet. For more about the festival (when bands come on and stuff) check out this article in the Alive. Should be fun! If you come out say hi. By the way the image is from Urban Scrawl few years ago, photo by Bill Minckler.

In other news, I've been crazy busy since I've gotten back from Florida (which was very nice by the way). I've had to review more movies for the festival, I have about six that I need to see by Tuesday. It's been a good experience, and the ones that are going to get in I think you'll like. I'll give my personal opinion on them later when the judging is done. Then there's the painting... I feel like I've had no time to do much else.

By the way! Last Saturday I got to go to the opening of the John M Bennett Skylab Retrospective and Skylab Mailart Visual Poetry Exhibit. Very cool, I got to see my friends from the Post-Neoabsurdist Anti-Collective perform, plus John M. Bennett's visual poetry & mail art he's collaborated on from all over the world. Good Times. Below is a sample of John M. Bennett reading a poem at the Avant Writing Symposium, which just ended (see photos of the event here).


Bummer I had to miss that... this is what I get for having a job.


... so yeah, more stuff coming as always!

So, here's Iron & Wine - Wolves (Song of the Shepherd's Dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment