Monday, December 6, 2010

December and it's wild winds

Well I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the Winter Solstice (December 21st this year). The sun setting at 5 pm, what can I say, I'm not a fan... however I appreciate the symbolism, especially now.

So here's what's going on. December the 18th (Saturday) there is the closing reception for Fortify! the Fort Hayes Alumni Art Exhibition. The address is 546 Jack Gibbs Blvd.Columbus, OH 43215, and it will run from 5-8. Should be a good party, and I'll be there of course.

With other stuff I'm working on... well I'm just working. The collaboration that I'm not talking about has officially begun, with the first session completed. What's different about this is it involves me working with photography, which I generally only do as a hobby (if that). I'm modifying them digitally, and I have to say I am pleased with the results so far. Yay for new challenges. Thing is though, these still may never be shown in public, due to their um... sensitive nature in tackling certain aspects of the human anatomy. Yeah I know, teaser. That's what I do... tease. I think though that this will all come off very well (in theory). As for the rest, I'm doing my mix media paintings (combining acrylics and/or oils with metallics) and researching trickster myths in contemporary contexts.... or something like that.

So for music, we have Beats Antique, Beauty Beats.

No comments:

Post a Comment