Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Holidays everyone!

Well yesterday (or last night/this morning) was the Winter Solstice here in the northern hemisphere. For me, this particular holiday is one of stillness and transition process to the new year. Everyone's running around, preparing to be visited by or to visit relatives, most people are fussing over buying gifts and decorating and runrunrun...

What I prefer to do is wait for the full moon, and on a clear night I'll take a walk to where there isn't anyone around, by a body of water preferably. I'll listen then... sometimes I just hear myself breathing, and the snow underneath my feet. I may hear wild geese calling to each other, or the wind. I have a little moment of zen, and I admit I may talk to myself (or whatever may be listening). If you never go outside, especially at night, I highly suggest taking on a little adventure like this.

But then, maybe that's just how I roll.

So, I hope this holiday season, whatever you celebrate or if you choose not to do anything at all, is blessed and that you are with the ones you love.

Here's 'Snow', by
Loreena McKennitt

No comments:

Post a Comment