Monday, January 18, 2010

Quick update: Pita Carrasco & goings on back out West

Some of you may recall that I spent some time in Manitou Springs Colorado. One of the more entertaining folks out there that I met was Pita Carrasco, a self taught artist. Her work is inspired by her Hispanic heritage, her religion (Catholic), reactions to her experiences, and her environment. Visit her studio page at Cottonwood Center for the Arts for a full biography.

I was talking to her earlier, and she wants me to post a painting she has completed for the a show at the Business of Art Center, I believe it will hang in the Atrium Gallery for the next month (ask the info desk if you're in the area and want to check it out). The show theme is 'taboo topics'. She just dropped it off so I imagine it will be up next week.

This work also has an audio feature, there is a heart-button that you press that plays part of the song 'Why can't we be friends?' It's 11" x 14", Acrylic on Canvas... and I'm sorry I don't know the title of it.



Her studio


Pita Carrasco at work

So yeah, if you're in the area, go check out the show, visit Cottonwood in Colorado Springs, & visit the Fine Arts Center, she told me that they've asked her to donate a painting she has done of Frida Kahlo. Good stuff over there.

N' there you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment