Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bus Driving

Hey folks. I'm a little late than what I'd normally prefer insofar as updating goes. So let me tell you what's going on and what I've been up to. So far there are 2 shows that I'm invovled in the planning of. One is for the Fort Hayes Alumni Art exhibition, which will happen at the Fort Hayes Shot Tower (if you haven't been, it's a beautiful & very large space). It's open to everyone who has graduated, whether it be from the high school or from any of the vocational programs. There is a Facebook page here if you want to join, and soon there will be a blog that will post the call for entries. I'll also post a link to that here as well. We got the judges and the dates set up, and so yeah, everything is moving along with that. Another project that is getting off the ground is I will be co-curating a show with Helma Groot in conjunction with the Creative Arts of Women (CAW, website coming soon). The interesting footnote with that is I'll also be producing a book that features the artists that are taking part in the show, & it will be available for purchase online. We have the space and are decinding on dates, so more info as it comes. There's a few other things, soon this won't be the only place I'm blogging. In May the Pagan Newswire Collective will be launching an arts & culture blog, & I'm going to be covering the arts. There I'll be looking at and promoting art with pagan themes and professional pagan artists. So yeah, should be groovy. I'll post a link when it goes live.

Of course it hasn't been all work and no play. I checked out the new Outland on Liberty (a goth/industrial/whatever bar n' dance club located in the Brewery District in Columbus Ohio), & I had a really good time. It still has that anything goes vibe which I miss in the other clubs around town. You can still wear whatever you want, jeans and a tee to high plastic fashion of rubber & saran wrap are welcome. Goth/Industrial isn't my usual fare of music (I actually love jazz and folk) but the music was jumpin' and good to dance to, plus now they are having bands and performers which is nice. If you like a taste of the weird and the festive I'd suggest you give it a try.

That's it for now! For music I'm going to show you something that will be a part of a suicide mission for me next week. Faith and the Muse is playing in Cleveland on Tues the 27th. A friend and I are driving up after work to see the show, and then driving back so we can work the next day. We figure we should come back at around 4 am or so, heh! This is something I used to do all the time... 15 years ago. But hey you only live once right? Besides, I've heard they put on a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment