Saturday, April 17, 2010

Research Mode...

I'm always looking for stuff, and here's what I'm looking at lately.

Check out this photographer Courtney Brooke. I like all the arts, but it takes a groovy vibe-thing to make me pay attention to photography. Her work has this otherworld 70's but contemporary aura and color, & she does a nice job of framing up her images. Courtney has a flickr account that looks like it's updated regularly, and a blog that is not, but it's worth checking out. I found an interview here at Revel in New York, so yeah if you wanna peer into these depths it's worth a read.

Another interested and related footnote are these 'inspiration blogs' that I keep stumbling across. Courtney Brooke has this one. Witch Mountain is kinda interesting, so is Sun in Scorpio. There seems to be a ton of these. If you know of one you really like post it in the comments so we all can have a look-see. My only complaint is that some of these don't reference what the image is or where it came from. If I find one that has lotsa great stuff I'll post it.

Here's something completely off topic. I've been looking at getting a corset and I found these folks at Absolute Corsets. I totally know where my tax refund is going this year. Plus size clothing that doesn't look like a bag and is made out of decent materials can be hard to find. Almost makes me want to take up sowing... almost (maybe someday when I have time). I don't classify myself as 'goth', but I like vintage style clothing, and if I had the cash I'd dress in a strange combo of contemporary and WTF and vintage on a daily basis. So I found this link here that has some promising stuff. Some of the links are broken, and some are more for ren-fair folk or people who do reenactments, which I don't. If you like the same kinda stuff, maybe that will interest you.

Anyway. I loves me some Thelonious Monk, here's Epistrophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment