Sunday, June 13, 2010

Go West and Birds of C.A.W.

Last night the Franklinton Arts District put on their Go West festival. Quick readers digest for you @ The Other Paper about the neighborhood here. Nikos Fyodor Rutkowski asked me to take part in the 'Horror Show' section of the block party, and so I did! That painting is below, titled 'Terrible Vision'. It's painted with acrylic with copper leafing and an iron oxide background, size is 16" x 20". Not the greatest photo, I need to retake it as the flash makes the background look more sparkly than it actually is.


Looks like everyone had a great time! My photos from what I had a chance to see are here. I got there kind of late as I had to work on stuff, more on that later... I also shot a short video, sorry about the blurriness, I need a better camera I think.


What I've been working on is the book for art show The Birds of C.A.W that Helma Groot and myself are curating, & I'm also getting the rest of the printing stuff ready to go. The opening will take place on Saturday, June 19th from 7 p.m. to midnight at CS Gallery, 66 Parsons Avenue Columbus, OH. The opening will feature live painting by Heather Alexander and a performance by Colleen Leonardi.

The artist participating in the show are:
Mabi Ponce de Leon
Terri Maloney Houston
Laine Bachman
Jamie Hesper
Megan Coyan
Melissa Vogley Woods
Angela Matteson
Kira Scott
Stephanie Rond
Judy Gerdeman
Patty DeMarias
Peggy Mintun
Lisa McLymont
Wendy Yeager
Barb Vogel
Kim Glover
Katie Niewierski
Brittany Leigh
Cyndi Bellerose McAfee
Colleen Leonardi
Yvette Vandervelde
Sara E. Adrian (of course!)
& Helma Groot

The amount of talented women here is just crazy! I've seen much of the work already and it's going to be a great show which will consist of smaller works of an avian theme. The book will be available at Wholly Craft in August, but will be available online sooner and I will of course let you know when that happens. The rub though is I won't be there for the opening as I have agreed to be in Wisteria. More about that later. I'll be leaving this Friday the 18th, & I intend to update then with an announcement of a special guest blogger that will update you during the week I am gone.

The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy, however the major sweatin' is over with (huzza). My G-ma is hanging in there...

So, I think you may need some music. Here is Culturcide with Fake Dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment