Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mayday!

Hey Folks! Just have some quick announcements. The Pagan Newswire Collective has launched two group blogs, one for the military called Warriors & Kin, and the other for art and culture called The Juggler. I'll be contributing to the second, making observations about the arts as related to Paganism. So yeah if such topics interest you go check that out! Here of course it'll be more about me... because it's my personal blog and that's how I roll.

So yeah, today is Beltaine. Even if you don't count this as a holiday, I'd suggest getting out for a walk in the woods. Here in Ohio especially things are really starting to come in. I'll be planting herbs as soon as the danger of frost is over with. One of the things I try to do if I'm able is go take photos, and here's a few that I took down at Highbanks. Right away when I got to the Olentangy River (Ol-en-tan-gy, not Old-en-tang-y) I heard splashing, and I think I came across some type of fish spawning. There were quite a few of them, swimming in pairs and splashing, & I got a few photos of the ones closest to me. I thought they may have been catfish but they don't compare to the photos I pulled up online. I'd say they were on average 12 inches, give or take a few. If you know what kind they are let me know.

So yeah! I hope your day is most festive :)







No comments:

Post a Comment