Saturday, May 8, 2010

Polaroid test

So here's more of a footnote.
A friend of mine was getting rid of a bunch of stuff that his parents had lying around, and one of them was a (you guessed it) Polaroid camera, specifically a Polaroid One Step Express Instant 600 Camera in hunter green. So I snagged it. Odds would have it that I heard on NPR a few months ago a bit about the Impossible Project, and it sounded interesting.

The film is now available, and so I bought some. The image on the left is me testing it out. Yeah I know it's not that great... I know now not to get so close. By the way it's a small statue I made in college hanging on the wall that was brazed, mostly composed of iron nails. I like the colors, it's black and white film, the copper tint means the film has been a little warmer than it should be, and it's been hot lately so... that's ok. I think I can do interesting stuff with it. I like photography as a hobby, it's not something I indulge in enough of.

Tonight is a friend's birthday party. I'll bring the camera, and we shall see what happens! Should be interesting.

below is Devendra Banhart, Carmensita. Funnest thing I've seen all morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment