Monday, February 22, 2010

digital play

I'm been experimenting. These are all hand drawn images that have been scanned, turned into a vector image, then brought into photoshop for color. The advantage is I have control over line and color, I can make it much larger than the original drawing (for larger prints). I do try to maintain a somewhat organic feel, meaning I don't want people to point and go ooo digitial image, although I'm sure the trained eye can probably tell.

Nude sketch, with 'ink wash', just for fun.

Portrait. It's not really of anybody, I was just messing around & wanted to see if I could make a satisfactory 'inked' look.

Hare (for the Spring Equinox/Easter)... perhaps a little to 'rough'.

This one has the most thought. The text in the background are names of craters on the moon, who are also famous scientists, mathmaticians, philosophers, etc. The number, is how long it takes for the moon to orbit the earth (aprox 27 days, give or take a few hours/minutes). The crescent moon is indicitave of the theme of the image, and also symbolizes the maiden Goddess (waxing or growing larger for maiden, full for mother, waning or growing smaller for crone). Third eye for wisdom & psychic vision, & the poem underneath is for Inanna, and mentions her story about her descent to the underworld.


So yeah.
I can't get this song out of my head

so now it's in yours, enjoy! Via Dangerous Minds

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh yoyoyoyoyyyy... I was half expecting Rick again.

    The vector thingie does a wonderful job of disguising its digital provenance. I like that nude sketch.

    ReplyDelete